* There was a PA failure during The Day That Never Comes The band stopped playing for a minute or two while they addressed the issue before resuming the song where they left off.
* This was the 101st show on the World Magnetic Tour and the 75th performance in 2009.
* This was the 16th time that Metallica played in the Cleveland area and the 45th time that they played the state of Ohio.
* This was the first time in five years and one month that Metallica performed in Cleveland.
* Metallica last performed a full concert in Cleveland on September 21, 2004 during the Madly in Anger With the World Tour. You can download a copy of that performance here.
* Metallica was inducted into the Rock ‘N Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland earlier this year on April 4, 2009.
* Metallica first performed in Cleveland on December 18, 1983 during the Kill ‘Em All Tour. You can download a free copy of that performance here.
* Metallica also performed in Cleveland on the Ride the Lightning Tour (February 7, 1985), the Master of Puppets Tour (April 9, 1986), the Damaged Justice Tour (November 26, 1988 and July 8, 1989), the Wherever We May Roam Tour (November 30, 1991, December 1, 1991, and July 3, 1992), the Summer Shit Tour (June 18, 1994), the Poor Touring Me Tour (February 18 and 19, 1997), and the MetLennium Tour (January 1 2000).
* This was the US debut of The Judas Kiss.
* Hit the Lights was performed in Cleveland for the first time in 26 years. It was last played here on December 18, 1983.
* The Shortest Straw was performed in Cleveland for the first time in 17 years. It was last played here on July 3, 1992 at the Blossom Music Center in Cuyahoga Falls.
* Fade to Black was performed in the 5th slot, normally occupied by One, for the first time in the US on the World Magnetic Tour. It was also the first time in 12 years that Fade was played in Cleveland.
* This was the second time that Dyers Eve has been played in the US on this tour. Prior to its performance on September 29, 2009 in Dallas, TX, it was last performed in the US on November 6, 2004 in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. The song has only been performed live in the US 10 times.
* Overall, Metallica played 5 songs that haven’t been played in over a decade in Cleveland: Harvester of Sorrow (1994), The Shortest Straw (1992), Fade to Black (1997), Last Caress (1997), and Hit the Lights (1983)
* Metallica performed 18 songs tonight from 7 different albums: Kill ‘Em All (2 songs), Ride the Lightning (1 songs), Master of Puppets (1 songs), ...And Justice for All (4 songs), The Black Album (3 songs), Garage, Inc. (1 songs), Death Magnetic (6 songs)
* Metallica played 7 songs for the first time in Cleveland: That Was Just You Life, The End of the Line, Broken, Beat & Scarred, Cyanide, The Judas Kiss, The Day That Never Comes, Dyers Eve
* Metallica played 3 songs that have been played once before in Cleveland: The Shortest Straw (1 time in 1992), Hit the Lights (1 time in 1983)
* Metallica played 8 songs that have been played multiple times Cleveland: Harvester of Sorrow (6 times), Fade to Black (8 times), Sad But True (9 times), One (11 times), Master of Puppets (11 times), Nothing Else Matters (7 times), Enter Sandman (9 times), Last Caress (8 times), Seek & Destroy (10 times)