* This was the 103rd show on the World Magnetic Tour and the 77th performance in 2009.
* This was the 15th time that Metallica has played in North Carolina.
* This was the first time in five years and six months that Metallica performed in Charlotte.
* Metallica last performed in Charlotte on April 23, 2004 during the Madly in Anger With the World Tour. You can download a copy of that performance here.
* Metallica first performed in Charlotte on May 2, 1986 during the Master of Puppets Tour.
* In addition to the Master of Puppets and Madly in Anger With the World tours, Metallica also performed in North Carolina on the following tours: the Damaged Justice Tour (Greensboro – February 19, 1989, Fayetteville – February 25, 1989, and Charlotte – February 26, 1989), the Wherever We May Roam Tour (Charlotte – March 21, 1992, Greensboro – March 26, 1992, and Raleigh – June 25, 1992), the Summer Shit Tour (Charlotte – August 16, 1994), the Lollapalooza Tour (Rockingham – July 20, 1996), the Poor Touring Me Tour (Charlotte – April 11, 1997 and Greensboro – April 12, 1997), the Poor ReTouring Me Tour (Charlotte – June 27, 1998), and the Summer Sanitarium Tour (Rockingham – July 1, 2000).
* This was the second time that The Judas Kiss was played in the US.
* This was the first time that Too Late Too Late has been played in North Carolina. Too Late Too Late has only been played six times since being debuted in 1995.
* James dedicated Phantom Lord to Ron McGovney, who was in attendance tonight. This was the first time that Phantom Lord was played in North Carolina and the 11th time that the song has been played in 2009.
* This was the first time in 11 years that Fight Fire With Fire was performed in North Carolina. It was last played here on June 27, 1998 in Charlotte.
* Metallica performed 18 songs tonight from 7 different albums: Kill ‘Em All (3 songs), Ride the Lightning (2 songs), Master of Puppets (1 song), ...And Justice for All (1 song), The Black Album (3 songs), Garage, Inc. (2 songs), and Death Magnetic (6 songs)
* Metallica played 8 songs for the first time in North Carolina: That Was Just You Life, The End of the Line, Broken, Beat & Scarred, Cyanide, The Judas Kiss, The Day That Never Comes, Too Late Too Late, and Phantom Lord