* This was the 114th show on the World Magnetic Tour and the 88th performance in 2009.
* This was the second show of a two-night stint at New York’s famous Madison Square Garden.
* This was the sixth time that Metallica played Madison Square Garden.
* This was the 57th time that Metallica has performed within 50 miles of Madison Square Garden.
* This was the first time that Trapped Under Ice was performed in the state of New York (it’s never been played in Jersey either!).
* This was the third time that The Shortest Straw was performed within 50 miles of MSG. It was last played in the area on July 29, 1992 in East Rutherford, NJ.
* This was the third time that Dyers Eve was played on this leg of the tour.
* For the second time in Metallica history, James alternated between an acoustic and electric guitar during Fade to Black.
* Metallica performed 18 songs tonight from 7 different albums: Kill ‘Em All (1 songs), Ride the Lightning (3 songs), Master of Puppets (1 song), ...And Justice for All (3 songs), The Black Album (3 songs), Garage, Inc. (1 songs), and Death Magnetic (6 songs)
* Metallica played five songs at Madison Square Garden for the first time: The Shortest Straw, My Apocalypse, The Judas Kiss, Dyers Eve, and Trapped Under Ice